One of the key criteria when choosing a gaming laptop is cost. Each buyer seeks to purchase a laptop with good technical characteristics and high autonomy. As part of the rating, we will consider budget gaming laptops models: Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15ARH05, MSI GF63 Thin 10SC-280X, HP Pavilion Gaming 15-bc504ur, Acer Aspire 5 A515-44-R61W, ASUS M570DD-DM009. The rating of budget gaming laptops will help you choose the best option that fully satisfies the needs of the modern gamer.
Budget Gaming Laptops – Top 5 Inexpensive Gaming Laptops
This review presents the budget gaming laptops of 2021, which received the highest expert ratings on benchmarks. The presented models, despite belonging to the budget segment, are characterized by high performance, autonomy and functionality.
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15ARH05
Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15ARH05 is positioned as the most budgetary gaming laptop. In terms of technical characteristics, the device is in many ways superior to its cheap counterparts. The hardware will allow you to run even the most demanding games. If necessary, the computer can be modified by installing an additional block of RAM up to a maximum value of 16 GB.
The Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15ARH05 starts at $ 700, depending on the retailer.
In this configuration, the model is equipped with an AMD Ryzen 5 processor with 6 cores. The amount of preinstalled RAM is 8 GB. A 15.6-inch IPS screen is provided for display. The built-in 256GB SSD is enough to store a lot of files.
The disadvantage of the model is the low refresh rate of the screen, which cannot be considered a critical drawback, given the low cost.
- decent hardware filling;
- battery 45 W * hour;
- ergonomic keyboard;
- thin bezels around the screen;
- good cooling quality;
- the ability to expand the amount of RAM.
- limiting screen frequency – 60 Hz;
- not very loud speakers.
MSI GF63 Thin 10SC-280X
Those who do not know which budget gaming laptop to choose should look at one of MSI’s leading models – the GF63 Thin 10SC-280X. According to some characteristics, this laptop is superior to the above model, but it also costs more.
The MSI GF63 Thin 10SC-280X is priced between $ 950 and $ 1,000, depending on the retailer.
One of the main advantages is the metal body. The device is less sensitive to mechanical damage. In addition, the metal surface contributes to better heat dissipation. Lightweight metal alloy is used in the production, so the gaming laptop weighs only 1.8 kg.
The performance is provided by an Intel Core i5 processor with a maximum frequency of 4.5 GHz. The amount of RAM is 8 GB, but there is an additional slot for expansion. The hardware is complemented by a 256 GB SSD and a GeForce GT 1650 Max-q graphics card. There is a keyboard backlight function.
- IPS screen with a maximum refresh rate of 144 Hz;
- six-core Intel Core i5 10th generation;
- 2 slots for RAM;
- metal case;
- Bluetooth 5.1.
- more expensive than most budget models;
- comes preinstalled with DOS in most stores;
- the metal body quickly collects dust and prints.
HP Pavilion Gaming 15-bc504ur
The next position on the list of the best budget gaming laptops of 2021 is the low-cost laptop from Hewlett Packard. HP Pavilion Gaming 15-bc504ur has a number of disadvantages, but they are fully compensated by the advantages and low cost.
The HP Pavilion Gaming 15-bc504ur is priced between $ 750 and $ 800, depending on the retailer.
The computing power of the computer is provided by a quad-core 9th generation Intel Core i5 CPU. The maximum clock frequency reaches 4.1 GHz, which is an excellent indicator for the described price category. The amount of RAM is 8 GB, and the built-in storage is 1 TB. For processing graphic data, a 3 GB GeForce GTX 1050 video card is used.
Autonomy cannot be called a weak point of the presented model. The battery life without recharging reaches 8 hours when using the economy mode. The laptop has a built-in non-removable four-cell 63 Wh battery. The performance of this computer is sufficient to play even the most demanding games at medium to minimum settings.
- acceptable performance indicators;
- large amount of built-in storage;
- compact dimensions;
- powerful battery;
- large screen with good color rendering;
- excellent sound quality from stereo speakers.
- outdated bluetooth 4.2;
- low refresh rate of the screen;
- thick bezels;
- unattractive design;
- in 2021, the model can be called outdated.
Acer Aspire 5 A515-44-R61W
The next position in the ranking of budget gaming laptops belongs to the popular gaming model from Acer. Inexpensive laptop Acer Aspire 5 A515-44-R61W has good technical characteristics and is perfect for undemanding games.
The estimated cost of the Acer Aspire 5 A515-44-R61W is $ 600-650, depending on the retailer.
Responsible for performance is the AMD Ryzen 5 processor with six processing cores, each with a maximum clock speed of 2.3 GHz. The standard configuration provides 8 GB of RAM, expandable to 24 GB. The volume of the SSD is 256 GB.
The screen is standard for its price category: with an IPS-matrix and a resolution of 1920 × 1080 pixels. The refresh rate is 60 frames per second.
The strong point of the model is the lithium-ion battery, which provides autonomous operation for up to 10 hours. The presented laptop is perfect not only for games, but also for running demanding programs, such as graphics or sound editors.
- shockproof metal body;
- the presence of a security lock;
- not bad, as for its price, processor;
- large and bright screen;
- key illumination;
- lack of noise during operation.
- weak video card;
- easily soiled lid surface;
- large touchpad area.
The budget model ASUS M570DD-DM009, which can be called universal. The device is suitable for both gaming purposes and for work or study. The laptop is characterized by average performance and autonomy, therefore it completes the rating.
The model costs $ 670-700, depending on the retailer.
Unlike the above model, the Asus laptop has a 4-core Ryzen 5 CPU. The amount of RAM is identical – 8 GB, while the SSD storage capacity is larger – 512 GB.
The disadvantage of the model is the screen. Despite the acceptable resolution, the display has a TN matrix, which is practically not used in 2021, which is explained by a number of disadvantages over the generally recognized IPS.
The claimed battery life is 10 hours, but numerous customer reviews indicate that this figure is exaggerated. With active use, including during games, the battery supply will last for 6-7 hours.
- good build quality, no squeak, backlash;
- video card GeForce GTX 1050;
- 512 GB drive;
- fingerprint scanner;
- low weight of the structure;
- soft keyboard and good touchpad response.
- overpriced, given the technical characteristics;
- battery life is not as advertised.
Budget Gaming Laptops – How To Choose The Right One?
To choose and buy a gaming laptop, you need to have an understanding of the key technical parameters of the computer. Obviously, there are no models in the budget price category that could cope with any task. However, it is quite possible to buy a budget gaming laptop for undemanding tasks, if you take into account a number of criteria.
- CPU. The processor is responsible for the speed of the computer and, in combination with the RAM and video card, determines the level of performance. Therefore, a powerful CPU is a decisive factor when choosing a device. The minimum number of cores on a gaming PC is 4, but it is recommended to choose models with 6 or 8 cores. The recommended clock frequency is at least 2.8 GHz.
- Video card. This element is responsible for the transmission of graphic content, affects the quality and detail of the image. The main criteria are the frequency and memory capacity of the card. The minimum frequency of a video card for a gaming PC is from 500 MHz, and the memory is from 2 GB. Most models are equipped with NVIDIA GeForce cards that fully meet the specified requirements.
- RAM. The computing power of a computer is determined by the amount of RAM. Therefore, the presented gaming PCs have at least 8 GB installed. An important advantage of the laptop will be the presence of an additional slot for installing an auxiliary RAM unit. This will significantly increase the speed of the PC, especially if the owner plans to play demanding games, for which 8 GB may not be enough.
- Cooling system. Even the most powerful processor and graphics card cannot provide high performance if they overheat. Therefore, a gaming laptop must have an effective cooling system. It is worth considering the number of coolers, grilles for exhausting hot air, the presence of pipes. Effective cooling not only prevents the device from overheating during extended operation, but also makes it quiet.
- Storage device. Most 2021 laptops have SSDs installed. They are characterized by a high data transfer rate and have a positive effect on the computer’s performance. Disk capacity depends largely on the needs of the user, but it is recommended to choose a laptop with a 512 GB SSD or more. This will allow you to store a large number of games and programs, multimedia files and documents.
- Display. In order to display game graphics, it is extremely important to consider the characteristics of the screen. First of all, you should pay attention to the type of matrix. Models with IPS are considered the best option, since they have good color reproduction, detail, viewing angles, and brightness. It’s also worth considering the screen resolution. The recommended value is at least 1920 x 1080 pixels, which corresponds to the FullHD standard.
Considering the parameters described, you can choose an inexpensive but good gaming laptop. In addition to the technical characteristics, you must also take into account your own preferences so that the subsequent operation of the device does not cause discomfort.
For a gaming laptop, it will be a plus:
- keyboard backlight function;
- energy saving mode;
- anti-reflective coating of the display;
- light indication of function keys;
- the presence of various ports, connectors for connecting external devices;
- high quality, loud stereo speakers.
For many gamers, the design of the case is an important indicator. In this matter, it is worth considering exclusively personal preferences, but we should not forget that the technical parameters, and not the appearance, are of decisive importance.
Budget Gaming Laptops – Deciding the Ranking Winner
Choosing an inexpensive laptop for gaming is a daunting task due to the fact that most gaming models are expensive. Despite this, it is quite possible to find an inexpensive device that will allow you to run even demanding games.
The leading position in the ranking of budget gaming laptops was taken by Lenovo IdeaPad Gaming 3 15ARH05. The characteristics and performance of this model are ideally matched to its cost.
The model ranks first in the TOP budget gaming laptops thanks to its powerful processor. An equally important advantage is the high autonomy, which is provided by a three-cell battery.
Considering the low price, this laptop has practically no significant drawbacks. Therefore, this option will be optimal for those who want to enjoy their favorite games, but do not want to overpay.
Other laptops presented in the TOP-5 also deserve attention from gamers. Each of the described models can be a useful tool for gamers regardless of age and gaming experience:
- 2nd place – MSI GF63 Thin 10SC-280X
- 3rd Place – HP Pavilion Gaming 15-bc504ur
- 4th place – Acer Aspire 5 A515-44-R61W
- 5th place – ASUS M570DD-DM009
We carry out an objective assessment of the models according to their characteristics. Perhaps our visitors have their own opinion about these models? We invite you to share your opinion in the comments!