Telegram for iOS has a video calling function, but it is still in test mode. IPhone and iPad owners can try this option by pre-configuring Telegram. Information about this possibility of Telegram is not an insider. The publication Code Durov wrote about this.
To activate the video calls option in test mode, you need:
- update to the latest browser version in the App Store;
- in the application itself, click on the settings icon ten times to activate the Debug menu;
- enable the Experimental Feature option in this menu;
- go to your account, pull the avatar and implement the video call option.
It is important that your interlocutor implements exactly the same operation, otherwise pairing the long-awaited video call will be impossible.
Video calls are the main, but not the only change in this update. A number of changes affected the following parameters:
- it became possible to install a video avatar instead of the usual static picture;
- the “People” section has undergone changes, since it became possible to see at what distance the interlocutor is located from you;
- owners of groups from half a thousand members can see detailed statistics;
- the volume of files sent using the messenger increased to 2 GB (was 1.5 GB).